Monday, June 28, 2010

The Droid that got blown away by the Storm

I just didn't like my Droid. There were a couple of things that I didn't like. One was the lack of Outlook support. The other was the lack of a VZW tethering option. My next phone of choice was the Blackberry Storm2. I can do all the things I need to do with it.

I travel a lot and on occasion, I need to hook up my notebook to the internet. Without tethering, this is impossible. Oh, there are a few work arounds but they can void your warranty or void your contract. That is why the Droid was not a good match for me.

I use Outlook a lot. The Droid does not support Outlook without Microsoft Exchange. Android, or better Google, does not want you to use another application for contacts or calender than theirs. They allow Exchange use to get into the business market. This leaves the consumer OUT! BAD Google.

I have found that the Blackberry allows more customizations. You can add different ring tones for a contacts different phones and different email addresses. You can't do that with a Droid.

Oh well, I'm sure that VZW and Google will make enough money without me having a Droid. Well, for sure VZW will, cuz I still have service with VZW. I guess that it will be Google who will be a dollar short.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

And yet until recently you were once again using your Droid and the Storm became the object of derision. *G* You're simply never satisfied, love.