Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Great TV

Our cable provider has provided it's subscribers free Encore for a week. We don't subscribe to the premium channels because of repetitious content and, gosh, it's so expensive. Anyway, I was flipping through the channels last and found Encore Black and found Sanford and Son playing. I sat and watched this classic 70's TV show. My sides were splitting I laughed so much. Following Sanford and Son, the laughs continued as The Jeffersons came on.

What happened? Of course, modern, overly sensitive Americans would never accept Archie Bunker or George Jefferson. I certainly hope that we don't reach a point to where All in the Family, The Jeffersons or Sanford and Son are pulled and locked up in a vault somewhere. Our society is richer for these shows.

No comments: