Thursday, February 26, 2009

Help me...

I was watching the news yesterday and a 'guest' was complaining about not being able to pay their mortgage. I empathize with them and their difficulty. There are tens of thousands of Americans who are in the same boat. Fortunately, and so far, my family is not in that boat. We bought a home by being smart about borrowing the money. It is not that I am so savvy. We got lucky.

I am talking about this one 'guest' who was having a hard time making the payments on her 2 homes and that her and her husband had lost their jobs. She was wanting help to pay for her two mortgages. I'm sorry. It sounds like you were a little irresponsible in your money spending. Irresponsible people do not need bailed out. What they need is taken down a notch to learn fiscal responsibility.

If we are going to help people, then we need to help those who really need it.

No comments: