Friday, May 24, 2013

F.A.M.I.L.Y.

Recently, a family member posted this on Facebook about what the letters of the word 'family' means and that they follow it.


F-forgiving
A-affectionate
M-meaningful
I-irreplaceable 
L-loving
Y-years of laughter

I see it! I get it! However, what they failed to admit that they do not follow it. Here's an example...

A senior family member is in the hospital. This person only visits once. Using the meaning posted about family, They can take out the "affectionate" and "loving." If you have love someone, and it is possible to visit them in the hospital, you should visit. Visiting them in the hospital shows that they are "forgiving" and have affection for the sick. The sick do not hold much meaning to them because this person don't call or visit. Oh, a promise was made to come back and visit but never did. The senior family member has been replaced.

Modesty forbids me from telling what I have done.

The proof is in the pudding about how you feel about family. No, no one is perfect. Still! Don't boast about something you don't do.

No comments: