Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A reverse medical bill

Yesterday, my wife's soon to be 80 grandfather spent 4 1/2 hours sitting in a orthopedic doctors office waiting to be seen. He is a better man than I am because I would have left after 2 hours of waiting. I have done that in the past. His appointment was at 3:30 in the afternoon and he wasn't seen until 7:30. It wasn't until I called the clinic and told them that this man was diabetic and had not eaten since 1 did they rush him in to be seen.

I don't know about many people, but this is outrageous behavior for a so-called medical professional. Not once did any one offer a sincere apology for the delay, they did not offer another appointment the next day. Naturally, and of course, they changed him the full price for the visit. As I said, he is a better man than I am.

When are the doctors going to start treating patients a people and not points to tally up at the end of the day? It is a small wonder that they don't stack their surgical patients as deep as they do their office visits. If they did the number of hospital deaths would explode.

I guess modern, technological medicine through the Hippocratic Oath out the window. this doctor certainly played with the potential of causing harm. That would be a no-no for the medical professional. IF they even cared.

No comments: