Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Reviews suck

It has been established that I am a gamer, novice to be sure. In my games we use macros to help new players with instructions and help nuisances out the door when they have over stayed their welcome. Macros are great for that. They save time when tying to post a website or boot someone without missing a lot of game play.

I had a Logitech G15 keyboard the worked really nice, but I need to go back to a more Office specific keyboard. That worked for about two weeks and I ran into a problem because I didn't have my macros. (Missed the capability actuality.) So I went and bought a Razer Lycosa gaming keyboard. Its sharp, sexy and the reviews were great. Oh, it is a good keyboard for gaming. BUT, the macros are limited to only 16 keystrokes. With the G15, you can write 50 or so keystrokes. The upshot is that the Lycosa is practically useless for macros. Sorry Razer, I have to get a different brand.

Of course, I should have taken into account the issue with the great reviews. The more a reviewer likes a product the worse it actually is. This goes back to movie reviews. Never trust a review that finds more pros than cons. I am going to start having employees open packaging so I can read the fine print on the inside.

No comments: