Friday, December 5, 2008

4 hours later

I had one of those days yesterday. No, the car didn't overheat nor was I late for work, but I did spend 4 hours in an emergency room bed. I started having chest pain, well for me chest pain. I had no idea what it was I had never had chest pain before. I tried to shrug it off. After an hour I had to go see a doctor. We chatted for about 15 minutes and an EKG later, after I played it down to anxiety,I left with a script for nitro. My instructions were to return to my doctor the next day for a stress test. If the pain got worse, go to the ER. From there I left and went to Wal-Mart to get the script filled. As I wandered around the store the pain got stronger. Ooppss, off to the ER.

That was the quickest trip to an ER bed I have had since I broke my leg. Heart monitor, O2 sensor, a hellatiously painful BP cuff and O2 were hooked and I thought, OMG! They took the blood for cardiac enzymes and my history. I laid there. Four hours later, they practically kicked me out the door. "You're not having a heart attack. Your blood work is fine. keep you appointment for tomorrow. Have a nice day."

Out the door I went. I have to admit that after the nitro patch they gave me my symptoms went away. But, as I walked down to the car, the pain started coming back. After I got home, I ate a bowl of cereal and after an hour, went to bed. I still had some discomfort in my chest.

Obviously, I made if through the night. I am soon off for my stress test. I would start to worry, but I'm afraid my chest will start hurting again with NONE cardiac symptoms. LOL!

No comments: