Sunday, December 21, 2008

Mastering the Season


I think I finally have it figured out. It has been a struggle for many families across the country trying to figure out how to plan the holiday visitation rounds. For the last 10 years, it has been a stressful time for my family when it comes to Christmas dinners and gift swaps. It has been really difficult since my parents are divorced and having in-laws.

When I was growing up, I knew where I was going every Christmas. When my parents got divorced it all went down hill. It got decidely worse when I got married. Two families went to four and then it went to six plus families to make visits to every year. Just when it got bad, my in-laws moved to another state. It was terrible. "Hold on! Cancel Christmas!"One year, I stayed at home and didn't go anywhere.

Finally, I think we have it all figured out. For now...



Merry Christmas! To those that do and condolences to those who don't! It'll pass soon!

No comments: