Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Governments failure to it Vets and such...

Surprised?

The government told me that I would have everything I needed to help me be a successful in meeting my educational goals. This maybe true but it is very misleading. They provide the funding that is true. But, you have to jump through hoops to get the funding. They change programs in mid-stream and when you need the funding they don't tell you until after you start a program THEN you are told about the changes. You have to start over. While you miss deadlines and either have to postpone your plans or pay out of pocket.

Wait! I'm serving in the National Guard. You would think that the National Guard would take care of its service members too. They do not help that situation either. An example, I have been taking classes in college since 2006. Yesterday, I found out that they have to approve an degree plan before I can get any more money for college. Guess what, they have been required an approved degree plan for EIGHT years. I had never heard of it until I needed money for college. Give me a break!

The VA fails to meet, in a timely fashion, the needs of some of its beneficiaries. Not only has VA failed veterans in their health care, they are also failing to meet the educational requirements of it's veterans. All the while, the VA and the Senate, House and White House pay lip service to those, same veterans they promise to help. It is a never ending cycle of failure. When is it going to stop?

No comments: