Sunday, October 17, 2010

An Outageous VA visit

Saturday morning, October 16th, I had to make another visit to the VA hospital in Memphis. Much to my surprise, I guess it shouldn't have been, I discovered that you can find cleaner bathrooms along the interstate that the two I saw at the VA! It was clear that the bathrooms had not been cleaned for several hours.

The first bathroom was adjacent to the Emergency Department. There was urine on the seats and the floors were damp. When I reported it to someone, she started giving excuses about how Housekeeping doesn't get around as much as they should. This is a hospital!! The bathrooms are not supposed to be left unattended long enough for urine to dry on the seats! The second bathroom was in similar shape. The floor was wet with urine. Dried urine had yellowed the front of the commode. In addition, the sink had dark gray splotches of some kind of dirt.

This us utterly outrageous!! The first thing for me Monday morning is to call the VAs Inspector Generals office and complain. The VA system was supposed to get better! Is this how America treats it's veterans?

1 comment:

TheOrdinaryPerson said...

I did call VA. They seemed genuinely concerned about the state of those bathrooms. We'll see...