Friday, August 24, 2012

No gaming

I have to admit that I don't play pc games a much as I used to. Now, I have a problem. Linux does not play well with some Windows based pc games, especially the ones I want to play. The first instance is HALO:Combat Evolved. I did manage to get it installed using WINE. There was an initial .dll file issue, but Google was my friend and I got it fixed. Once installed, the game was anything but smooth. The major problem was the lack of targeting. None! I have to do more research to overcome the lack of cross hairs. It is nearly impossible to play a FPS without cross hairs.

I tried to bet Battlefield 2 installed but it was a nightmare. It was proving so difficult that I gave up. There is the possibility of using VMWare instead of WINE. I will have to look into the situation. A good solution is good as long as it works and is free.

No comments: